Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Traffic Accident Injury
I've recently experienced a traffic accident which had a big impact on me financially and has also increased my back pain to an unbearable level, do I need a lawyer?
  • United Kingdom
  • Tort

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now
Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
If you want to take legal action to claim compensation for a personal injury, you will need to get advice from a solicitor specialising in these types of cases. This must be done as soon as possible as there are strict time limits on taking legal action. There are different time limits within which you must begin legal action in a personal injury claim. You should get legal aid currently if you want to claim compensation. The most common claim in a personal injury case is negligence and the time limit for this is 3 years. This means that court proceedings must be issued within 3 years from the time you first become aware that you have suffered an injury. In some cases, a court may decide to extend a time limit, depending on the circumstances of the case. The majority of personal injury claimant is made using a no-win fee agreement, which means there are no upfront costs and you pay nothing if your claim is unsuccessful. Typically, you can make a personal injury claim if you or a loved one has been hurt in any kind of accident in the following circumstances: ● You were injured within the last three years; ● The injury resulted in suffering financially as well as physically; ● The injury was caused wholly or partly by somebody else.