Deleted user
posted 2 months ago
Seeking a refund after closure of the HSBC personal joint account

I am a Canadian Citizen. My wife and I had a joint account with HSBC UK for over 20 years, but on Feb 6, 2020, they decided to close my account. There were 1908.30 pounds in my account.

 I asked them to send the remaining balance to my HSBC account in Canada. After three months, I went to an HSBC branch in Toronto, and they called HSBC UK and asked them to transfer the remaining amount to my account in Canada. Again After a couple of months, I visited an HSBC branch in Toronto, and they called HSBC UK and asked for a similar request. 

"I have made several calls to HSBC UK after my account was closed, and they promised to send me the remaining balance each time. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, I lost my business in Canada, and I am currently going through a difficult time. I have raised a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service, and they have instructed HSBC to send me my money. On March 4th, 2023, someone from HSBC contacted me and assured me that the money would be transferred, but I haven't received anything since then. My question is, can I take legal action and open a dispute in court to claim damages and interests?"

  • United Kingdom
  • Commercial and Business Law
  • Other

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now