Deleted user
posted 7 months ago
Nullification of a marriage in the USA after the divorce
I got married in Haiti and there was no consummation because of immediate rejection upon attempt to consummate the marriage. My wife is not a U.S. citizen, neither have she entered into the states; therefore, legally single in the U.S. I sought to nullify my marriage in Haiti, but in Haiti, the legislations are different. Thus, my only option is divorce. I would like to know if it is possible where after divorce, I am able to have my previous marriage nullified in the states. The reason for my question is because of religious purposes. After the divorce, I would like for my previous marital documents to be nullified so that if in the future I would decide to marry, that that would be counted as my first marriage.
  • United States
  • Family Law

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now