Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Is it possible to place someone who is not impaired under guardianship ?
My brother-in-law has a track record of loss of documents, debt, and is otherwise unable to ensure his own self-being or manage his property. While searching for a solution, I came across "Mise sous curatelle" (guardianship/curatorship), which includes all the administration and management of his property. However, it appears that curatorship is limited to cases where the potential curate is physically impaired, either by sickness, disability, or heavy usage of drugs. None of those is applicable to my brother-in-law. My brother-in-law, however, has admitted himself he may have psychological trouble, and accepted to get a therapist. If the therapist concludes there is defined trouble, is it possible to use this to allow the guardianship? Note: The brother-in-law is aware that I am searching for a similar solution, and has no objections.
  • United States
  • Family Law
  • Public Law

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now