Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Financial responsibilities for Custodian of (minor) international student in Canada, Ontario
My wife and I have agreed to act as a Homestay guardian/custodian for an international student. She is 16 years old and attending Secondary school and her parents are located in China. As a result, we obtained our guardianship notarised, as required, as well as insurance setup. Considering this situation, What if an accident takes place, and a hospital bill arises beyond what insurance covers. Who is responsible for paying that? According to our verbal agreement with her parents, I assume that the child's parents will cover all financial issues (we provide house, food, and basic transportation) As the notarised guardian, I actually suspect that I would be the one responsible. Is that correct?
  • Canada
  • Insurance
  • Immigration Law
  • Public Law

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now