Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Can one claim adverse possession by simply securing an existing boundary in England?
A small plot of land adjacent to our property boundary was officially designated "grazing land". It is in practice wild scrubby and sometimes flooded. We would love to use it so we can keep it tidy and plant screening but it appears to be owned by our local county council and their stated policy is not to sell council-owned lands. We have been considering the adverse possession claims. If we lock the existing gate and then start tending to the land and boundary - keeping the fence in good repair, planting and weeding, etc - would this be recognised as maintaining a private boundary?
  • United Kingdom
  • Property

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now