Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Can a shortened name be used in legal documents in the UK?
Consider that a person in the United Kingdom has a name in their birth certificate and passport, with a contraction of this name being common. Can this person use the contracted form (e.g. Chris instead of Christopher or Christian) on legal documents such as an employment contract or lawyer correspondence, while their full name is used on government documents such as the birth certificate and election enrolment? If limitations on this usage exist, what are they, and what is their basis in law?
  • United Kingdom
  • Family Law
  • Public Law

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now