Deleted user
posted 3 years ago
Can a non US citizen work remotely for a US company and be under their payroll?
I've been in the US for almost 5 years with an F-1 visa. In the last year, I've worked under OPT as a software developer for a company in the US. I have an SSN but my card indicates "valid for work only with DHS authorization". I'm planning on moving back to my home country permanently and continiue working with my current employer in the US. I've heard of people working remotely for a US company without needing a work visa, work permit, but only using an ITIN. They pay taxes in the US although they are not citizens or residents in the US. Could I use my SSN, or apply for an ITIN to do something similar?"
  • United States
  • Employment
  • Immigration Law

Answer this Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Contribute Now