Post Detail

QuestionOct 9, 2020 - 11:14

Can I switch to ch 7 from a 13 if we owe more than what home is worth and can catch up what is in default to keep home?

We are in Michigan. We have the opportunity to make it right with our mortgage to keep home, especially since we own the mobile home and rent the lot. Would also any remaining funds that haven't been distributed being held by trustee be sent back? Our monthly amount is deducted right from our check. But even when theres an extra check each month its sent to them. They have collected about $15,000 and only about $7000 has been disbursed. Its been hard paying other bills each month and now husbands income is lowering for the 1st few years. We just want to do ch 7 and be done.


Timothy Denison

Oct 10, 2020 - 7:17

Yes. You can always convert from 7 to 13 or from 13 to 7.


Answer This Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Group chat