Post Detail

QuestionOct 14, 2020 - 9:42

Can I sue from California, in small claim court, someone in England who is British?

I live in California and this guy sometimes comes to CA for business. He stole money from me in the U.S.


Saba Bagherzadeh

New York City, United States

Oct 19, 2020 - 12:37

The fact that he sometimes comes to California for business doesn't make California his place of residence. California may have a subject matter jurisdiction over the case. You need to provide more facts to your lawyer and ask for legal advice.


Answer This Post

Login into your account and answer this post

Group chat